Sunday, May 6, 2018

The Sunday Snapshot

This weekend I did something I've never done before... attended a motorcycle show! Matt's brother Tony was in town for The Quail Motorcycle Gathering with his company to display the motorcycle he designed! This event was classy, and we would not have been able to attend due to the hundred dollar ticket price...but we had a connection! Tony joined us for the catered lunch with cloth napkins and real silverware that we ate as a picnic under the tree to avoid the crowded tables. He also walked us through the restoration displays and described how motorcycles have changed over time. He really did try to explain things to me, but since I'm not entirely sure how a motor works the finer points were lost on me. I appreciated the attempt!  

We stayed to watch the awards ceremony, and an electric motorcycle from Tony's company won an award for innovation! We got to cheer (quiet clapping since it was classy event) for Tony as the judges doled out praise for the design and bottles of champagne for the winners. We're so proud!

In front of Tony's gas powered custom motorcycle...the warhawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment