Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Seasonal Coffee

My friend Victoria and I set out for a day of adventures. We were traveling up Highway 58, catching up about our lives, and looking for the landmarks that would take us to Fuu Cafe which we had read about on Kassie's blog. Unfortunately, we were having such a good time we missed the road and were way too far north before we realized our mistake and turned around. We still had to drive around the Motobu peninsula and take a bridge to Sesoko Island where the cafe was located. We did not arrive for lunch until three hours after we had left my house! So hungry! Fortunately, we found the hidden cabin on the tiny island so we could eat. I had called ahead to confirm they were open, and when we arrived they inquired if I was the caller. I believe there are very few English speakers that go that far off the beaten track, so we stood out a little bit.

I realize that I was starving when I arrived, but I still maintain that this cafe had the best coffee I have ever tasted. The restaurant is located on a farm, and I believe they roast their own coffee beans. I ordered the seasonal Okinawa brown sugar almond latte served with local brown sugar cubes in handmade pottery. I cannot wait to travel there again (with a drive that will be less than three hours next time) and try their coffee in other seasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment