Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Harry Potter Baby Shower

Yesterday we had a party celebrating my dear friend Beverly and her growing family. You might recognize Beverly on my blog from her previous guest post and appearances in my posts about traveling to Osaka.  I knew that both she and her husband David were avid Harry Potter fans, so when hosting a baby shower for her family we ran with the wizard theme! From the invitations delivered by owl to the "floating" decorations, Harry Potter references abounded. I am so appreciative of our friend Alex for helping me transform my house from muggle to magical and concocting wizard food and beverages, and Matt crafted the astounding poster prop for photos. I know everyone wanted to make the day as special as possible for the wonderful Chesters as we celebrate the approaching arrival of their son, who will without a doubt grow to love Harry and his friends just like his parents.

Invitations with an official Hogwarts seal to be delivered by owl.

All of the guests from our tower had an owl floating outside their front door with an envelope attached.


Adorable future parents with owls and invitations! 
A flying golden snitch!

A parliament of owls.
Floating candles and banners for the Great Hall.

Outside the door, an owl with an acceptance letter for Mr. Alden Chester.
Beverly's first impression...I think she likes it!
Wizard food, drinks,

and dessert! Including butterbeer and a red velvet cake with a Gryffindor onesie. 

Opening presents...OMG tiny baby boy clothing! With wolves for NC State. Go Wolfpack!
And finally, the photo booth...






No comments:

Post a Comment