Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Breakfast for Lunch



When new friends ask for my hobbies while living in Okinawa, I have to admit my favorite activity is eating out. The food in Okinawa is fresh and different, and tiny cafes can be found around every street corner. I love seeking out a new cafe and trying new food. However, Matt has been gone to foreign lands with work and only recently returned. Without Matt I usually stick to restaurants within my comfort zone, and as a result I had not explored any new eateries for several weeks. I am so glad my friend Victoria got me out of the house and invited me to a pedicure and lunch on the Sunabe seawall. 

Masterpieces as always!
After I had flowers painted on my toes by the artists at Cocok's, Victoria took me to the family-owned Seaside Terrace. They serve breakfast all day! Breakfast foods are a very Western concept, so finding a place that serves a traditional breakfast spread is very rare and exciting. 

Our cafe latte designs!


I ordered french toast with bananas and chocolate AND eggs scrambled with cheese AND sausage AND hash browns AND a cafe latte. I was really excited about breakfast food, can you tell? Thanks Victoria for helping me with my favorite Okinawa hobby: eating! 



1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That's enough breakfast for 2 marines! Hope it was delish. Pretty toes, though.

    ReplyDelete