Sunday, March 11, 2018

The New Home

Welcome back to our adventures! About twenty months ago Matt, Tilly, and I moved from the island of Okinawa to the coastal town of Monterey, California so that Matt can attend the Naval Postgraduate School. It's my first time living on the West Coast!

We have a whole new EVERYTHING! New townhouse with our very first garage and tiny yard, New gold SUV that we share, New routines as Matt studies and I find new places to work and play.

Monterey is a tourist destination that is about an hour away from Silicon Valley in central California. It is known for its rocky coastline and mild weather year-round. Our house doesn't even have air conditioning because the summers are so cool! My favorite activity here is to walk along the coast with a latte, admiring the seals and otters that you can see from the shore. I can't wait to share more about the locations and events I've found to love in my new town!

Home sweet home!

Hiking in Point Lobos where cliffs overlook the ocean. 
Marine Corps Birthday Ball on Matt's historic campus. 
Gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean.




No comments:

Post a Comment