Monday, April 4, 2016

The Search for Sea Glass

One souvenir I plan to keep from Okinawa is different colors of sea glass displayed in clear jars. My jars are currently only half-full, so we took a trip to add to my beautiful, free collection. Next to Camp Schwab where Matt works is a cove known as sea glass beach. I assumed there would be sea glass available, but I was amazed by how many pieces littered the sand among the coral even though we were not the only visitors that day. As Alex said, "It feels like cheating," the finding of colorful pieces was so easy. Matt and I don't usually relax on the beach, and you would not want to here as the sand is rough with coral and glass. We all really enjoyed combing the beach and listening to the waves that make a silvery, tinkling noise when they roll in and out from all of the glass.



Blue, amber, green, brown, clear, and yellow glass in just one spot!






Alex found a rare purple piece!

Light turquoise is my favorite color of sea glass. 

"What did you find?"

No comments:

Post a Comment